Skip to content

The Russian citizenship for a child


I am from Russia. For ten years I am married to a citizen of Cyprus. I have a Cypriot citizenship. We have
a son. Am I allowed to issue a Russian citizenship for my son after the divorce without asking the
permission of my ex-husband?

If in the child’s birth certificate in the information field “father” there is the name, surname and
patronymic of the father, you will not be able to issue the Russian citizenship for the child by yourself.
There must be a statement of the child’s father and his personal presence, even if you are divorced him.
Find common ground and good luck in obtaining a Russian citizenship for the child! The list of
documents required for applying for the citizenship can be found on the website of the Russian Embassy
in Cyprus, or by calling 26-222000.