Skip to content

Changing of Russian driving license


Can I just change the driving license issued in Russia to Cypriot one, or I need to take driving


Dear Reader,

Holders of a valid license from a non-EU country may exchange their license after six months of
residence if Cyprus has a reciprocal exchange agreement with the issuing country.
Cyprus recognizes licenses issued by the countries listed below:

  • Australia, Canada, Georgia, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Russia,
    Serbia, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the
    United States of America and Zimbabwe.
    Because Cyprus recognizes licenses by Russia, you do not need to take driving lessons in Cyprus
    If your license is in a language other than Greek or English you have to supply a translation. This
    must be done by the ambassador of your country or the Cyprus Press and Information Office.
    License exchanges are managed by the Department of Road Transport (DoRT).
    The following documents are required:
  • A completed TOM 7B application form available at the DoRT (in Greek)
  • Two recent passport photographs
  • Residence permit
  • Proof of at least six months of residence (such as utility bills)
  • Passport (original and a photocopy of the personal details page)
  • The original license and two photocopies of all pages (the license will have to be
    surrendered to the Competent Authority of the Country of Issue)
    Once all the relevant documents are assembled, they should be presented in person at the local
    district DoRT office for review and approval of the conversion.